Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,900 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Responsible for managing all pricing and analysis for gov opportunities.
The Granite Government Team is a dynamic group engaged in a wide variety of projects at many levels of the organization. The Manager position will play an important role in that environment where practicality, communication and collegiality are necessary components.
The Manager participates in managing a small team of analyst to develop competitive proposal pricing strategies for proposals of all sizes and contract types for submission to Federal, state, and local government customers. With guidance from contracts and FP&A management, the Manager will manage all aspects of price proposal development, financial planning and analysis for the Government Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the gov pricing team
- Responsible for proposal preparation, and government customer account analysis.
- Manage the messaging and preparation of proposal price volumes/narratives.
- Participate in competitive strategy meetings regarding contract language, terms and conditions, cost/price, and schedule requirements.
- Prepare quotes and proposals under multiple large multi-award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicles.
- Facilitate and participate in providing financial guidance to internal management including sales, contracts, and program management.
- Coordinate with contracts and business teams for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Manage the financial reporting processes under IDIQ contracts and GSA Multiple Award Schedules.
- Prepare customer margin and special pricing analysis.
- Lead green and gold team proposal reviews.
- Manage and coordinate financial reporting of all government business accounts and prepare for presentation to Granite upper management.
- Supervisory duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, business, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years direct experience with government contracts and subcontracts
- Working knowledge of government contracting concepts, including Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Experienced with the competitive procurement processes in government acquisition.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Must be able to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced work environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Must interface effectively with internal management, and customer representatives.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions.
- Proficient in all MS Office Applications, advanced Excel knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work with confidential information exercise judgment and discretion.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
Experience with GSA Schedules Program and multi-award IDIQ contract vehicles.