Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Cost Audit Supervisor will responsible for the team's performance and ensure the team complete its daily and monthly tasks including but not limited to completing monthly audits, supporting internal teams, and resolving billing issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the hiring and development of Cost Audit Team members.
- Participate in setting team goals.
- Create process improvements and update corresponding documentation.
- Complete Ad-hoc reports and projects per request of Finance and other internal departments.
- Review and/or develop audit reports to assist in identifying discrepancies in cost.
- Asist and support Cost Audit team in the following tasks:
- Analyze costs to identify trends and discrepancies on a month to month basis.
- Attain a working knowledge of telecommunication tariffs, interconnection agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Research new USOCs or cost components to understand cost structure or product detail.
- Submit timely, well documented disputes to vendor for erroneous billing via the standardize dispute process.
- Prior experience in a leadership role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experienced in understanding audit concepts, and data analysis
- Excellent research skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Access or Power Pivot
- Understand SQL or similar database languages
- Proven success and interest in process improvements
- Working knowledge of telecommunications tariff
- Strong data mining and analytical skills