Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Experience Senior Tax Accountant to support, manage, and negotiate jurisdictional audits, respond to customer inquiries, research and prepare tax and regulatory filings and perform analytical review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Point person for audits being conducted by taxing jurisdictions
- Manipulate data (entry and retrieval)
- Calculate and prepare required filings (e.g., sales and use tax, licensing and regulatory)
- Correspond with customers (internal and external)
- Analytical review
- Administer resellers' tax exemption documentation process and disputes
- Experience successfully working with jurisdictional auditors/examiners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft's suite of business applications
- Ability to coordinate and interact with all levels of all customers (internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task and determine priorities
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Knowledge and experience in Indirect Taxes and/or Sales & Use Tax
- Telecommunications experience