Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will support the Business in creating self-service business intelligence solutions and provide data insight to decision makers. The Senior BI Analyst will be expected to combine their great technical expertise with knowledge of the business. The senior will also be expected to help grow and develop the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with all departments to identify data needs and gather business requirements
- Preparing data sets in SQL server, Tabular Analysis Services and Hadoop for consumption by various business end-users
- Building PowerBI visualizations
- Create, automate and maintain Senior Management reporting
- Align company to use BI created data sets as “one source of truth”
- Work with Hadoop cluster on big data problems to grow business insight
- Help grow technical skills of finance members through teaching and documentation
- BS/BA, Quantitative related degree preferred (e.g. computer science, math, statistics)
- 3-5 years of experience working in Business Intelligence/analytics/reporting
- Knowledge and experience with visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Advanced SQL skills (t-sql, Impala, Hive) to create procedures and functions
- Business insight and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with using Excel-pivot tables
- Some experience with R and Python
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with large datasets
- Tabular or Relational modeling experience
- Automation skills (agent or oozie jobs, Power Update)