Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Great opportunity for a Senior Accountant with payroll experience. Candidate will provide payroll accounting for all compensation-related expenses; learn one of our newest product lines and provide valuable assistance with our business insurance needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead tasks related to 1 product line’s financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries and analysis for payroll-related and legal expenses.
- Perform GL account reconciliations and analysis.
- Support company business insurance needs.
- Provide support for the annual and periodic external audits.
- Able to handle confidential data with a high level of maturity.
- Implement accounting process improvements.
- Complete special projects and other accounting functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- 3+ years Payroll Accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate experience with MS Excel.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Able to effectively multitask while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime during month-end close and other peak times, as needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
- Working knowledge of ADP payroll system.
- Skilled in PowerPivot