Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Revenue Assurance Team is responsible for identifying areas of improvement in company revenues and margins. Using creative problem solving and technical skills, the Revenue Assurance Team ensures accurate billing to customers and optimal costs from vendors.
Revenue Assurance is also the go-to team for ad-hoc projects and revenue investigations requested by upper management (including the C-suite). With its high degree of autonomy, Revenue Assurance is able to quickly pivot its focus to new products or newly identified issues, and often works with other departments to improve processes. This position is a result of Revenue Assurance’s increasing focus on Granite’s wireless product line and will primarily involve tasks related to that product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential company process improvements
- Be a subject matter expert for usage-related issues, especially for wireless data usage
- Create reports of usage and explain them to anyone from customer service reps to our COO
- Serve as an expert of last resort when other teams cannot resolve/explain an issue
- Research discrepancies between cost and revenue to ensure that services are priced and billing correctly
- Provide analysis of potential/completed revenue initiatives to management to assist with decision making
- Review IT project requirements and test to ensure they perform as expected
- Analyze new company products, assist relevant teams at becoming more efficient/accurate and report on findings
- Attend cross departmental meetings and provide insight on financial/process decisions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and process improvement skills
- Able to present analyses to upper management
- Work well independently as well as with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Able to quickly get up to speed on new projects
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Interest in learning SQL and PowerPivot
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, PowerPivot and Microsoft Access
- Knowledge of Macros
- Experience in finance and telecom
- 2+ years in a analytical position