Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
- Process Invoices for billing and payment by breaking down and allocating telecom charges
- Researching invoices for past due amounts, credits and misapplied payment issues
- Collaborate with third party carriers and vendors to conduct billing address changes and billing maintenance on customer accounts
- Collaborate with other departments to solve complex billing issues
- Querying team databases to create Ad-hoc reports and analyses
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Invoices into Granite’s internal system for billing and payment.
- Research unpaid balances and resolve carrier payment issues.
- Research and explain billing issues or changes with cross department teams.
- Collaborate with phone/data providers to make payments and research account histories.
- Utilize Granite software to track activity of customer accounts and identify the root causes of problem billing.
- Complete Ad-hoc reports and projects per request of supervisor
- Participate in team audits to validate account inventory and carrier charges
- High Level of Attention to detail.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft office suite- Emphasis on excel
- Fundamental analytical and arithmetic abilities
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University
- Strong Excel Skills with an interest in learning PowerPivot and SQL.
- Experience with Microsoft Access Database management and creation or a desire to learn.
- Billing or Data entry Experience
- Business, Finance, Accounting or related quantitative 4 year degree.