Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Under the supervision of the VP of Revenue Assurance & Benefits, the Payroll Manager oversees the Payroll team and works closely with the Benefits Team. This role will consist of assisting (hands on) and reviewing the processing both bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for hourly and salaried employees using ADP Workforce Now software and Etime, preparing management reports and performing audits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff of 5 Payroll Administrators.Have 1x1s with staff and holding team meetings.
- Responsible for the preparation, processing and reviewing for accuracy of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll
- Responsible for ensuring the team has completed all audits and reporting as well as daily, weekly, monthly tasks. Some audits and reports will be done by manager.
- Responsible for tracking all management reporting and ensuring they are complete on time.
- All aspects of timecard administration including new employee set up and security group assignments, monitoring supervisor approvals, password resets and transfer of data to payroll
- Oversight of wage garnishments and tax levies
- Complete and provide information for wage verifications
- Will work with Finance Team on reporting and close
- Audit 941 and bi weekly and semimonthly payrolls for accuracy.
- Work closely with VP and Director of Employee Relations to resolve employee payroll or time issues
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations related to employment, benefits and employment tax.
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Work closely with the benefits team.
- At least 5-7 years of payroll processing experience and /or 3 plus years of benefits experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have management experience
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Must be able to able to work in a face-paced environment and multi-task
- Must be able to assist the team when team is busy and work alongside them.Team work is a must.
- Understanding of benefits and how it relates to payroll
- Personal accountability
- Conflict resolution
- Bachelor’s degree and /or CPP /FPC or PHR/ SPHR certifications
- Familiarity with ADP ( WFN& enterprise eTime) modules
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Project Management skills