Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Under the supervision ogf the payroll an Benefits Administration Manager, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of Granite's employee benefits that may include FMLA, unemployment, workers comp, assisting the on boarding on employees. This employee could also assist in the 401(k) Plan, Major Medical/Dental/Vision plans, the Affordable Care Act, Life Insurance, AD&D, and other related benefits offerings.
The Jr. Benefits Admin will also provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of benefit programs. Working directly with other Benefit employees, this position will assist with the development and maintenance of benefit processes and provide education and coaching to direct reports, peers and internal/external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist on onboarding new employees
- Audit benefits and 19s
- Take information from employees and assist them with Workers comp and leave claims.
- May use Wage Works to file necessary paperwork for unemployment claims.
- Leave Administration - working directly with ADP and TPA to utilize the Leave Management functionality provided with WFN
- Will help assist with the administration of the health and welfare plans including enrollments and working with employees.
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned, including various audits
- 1--3 years working in Benefits Understanding of FMLA and benefits
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel and word. Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Being able to work in a face-paced environment
- Be able to take direction for other teammates Strong team work
- Personal accountability
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now and Payroll, Etime
- Understanding with Workers Company and unemployment
- Understanding and working knowledge of 401K
- Bachelor’s degree and /or CPP /FPC or PHR/ SPHR certification