Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Accounts Payable Specialist position ensures the timely, accurate processing and record keeping of all company payables. The role collaborates with the accounting department and works closely with a wide-array of audit and bill pay functional groups within Granite. The Accounts Payable team strives to maintain robust procedures, a high standard of attention to detail and strict enforcement of company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process Invoices into MS Dynamics, Great Plains
- Examine carrier and vendor remittance info for accuracy and completeness
- Conduct wire, ACH, EFT, credit card, and check payments / stuff into envelopes
- Maintain filing and organization of payment confirmation, invoices and documentation
- Reconcile company purchase orders and agent commissions.
- Process employee expense reports and reimbursement requests.
- Ensure that proper authority, approval and documentation are provided with payment requests.
- Complete routine and Ad-hoc reports / projects per request of finance department management
- Supports others (e.g. Accounting, Tax , Rebill, Cost Assurance, external auditors) by providing routine and ad-hoc reporting and analysis in a timely, accurate, complete and professional manner;
- Adheres to processing and information requirements established by the Accounting team; ensures compliance with monthly financial close deliverables and deadlines.
- Collaborates with other teams (Rebill, Cost Assurance, etc) to streamline interfaces
- Experience with Internal Granite systems including cornerstone & rocklog as used to research customer billing circumstances
- Experience collaborating with telecom carriers, vendors and internal departments to ensure that outgoing payments are applied in an appropriate manner.
- High Level of Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and improve processes for additional efficiency and accuracy gains.
- Ability to efficiently process invoices and data at a high rate of speed.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Written and Verbal communication skills.
- Fundamental abilities in arithmetic, analytics and solving recurring issues independently
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University.
- Strong MS Excel Skills with a desire to utilize PowerPivot and SQL coding.
- Experience with MS Dynamics, Great Plains ERP.
- 2+ years Accounts Payable, Billing, Data Entry or related experience.
- Business, Finance, Accounting or Related quantitative degree.